Space Refurbishments System
All Engineering staff members can login and use the system to submit a request. Accounts are created automatically using central usernames and passwords when a staff member logs in for the first time. Any admin rights are then granted by the system Administrator. All system users can see the existing requests list and all submitted requests. Users can edit their own requests.
System users are classified into 4 different groups:
- Requester: any system user can create and edit request.
- Admin staff: have full access to the system. Admin staff can:
- Update/Submit a request on behalf of a requester
- Manage Building list, department list, etc...
- perform all the admin tasks once the request is submitted, including 'Admin Review', 'Approve', 'Reject' 'Send Back', 'Put on Hold', 'Re-Activate', 'Close', and 'Completed'.
Requests can have the following status:
- NEW: user has created a request but not submitted it.
- PENDING_USER: the request has been sent back to the requester for more information.
- PENDING_ADMIN: waiting for approval after the 'Tech Review', and 'IT Review' if required, are done.
- APPROVED: after Admin Review and approval.
- NOT_APPROVED: rejected by Admin staff.
- ON_HOLD: put on hold by Admin staff.
- CLOSED: close by Admin staff.
- COMPLETED: approved request has been completed.